Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pasta with Wild Arugula

Pasta with Wild Arugula, White Beans and Walnuts, prepared June 14, 2009
I used the wild arugula (Rucola selvatica ) growing in my garden in a recipe that I made for tonight's dinner.

The smell of the arugula when I picked it was intoxicating, and more intoxicating still was the aroma of the herb when I heated it in the pan with garlic and butter.

I was just cooking for one tonight, so I offer measurements for the solo cook/diner.

Pasta with Wild Arugula White Beans and Walnuts

  • 1 cup Farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
  • 1/2 cup wild arugula (or whatever you have)
  • 1/4 cup cooked white beans (may use canned)
  • 1-2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
  • 1 Tb. butter or olive oil
  • 1TB. Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
  • Kosher Salt
  • Pepper
Directions

  1. Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente.
  2. Drain the water and put pasta back in pan over a low heat.
  3. Add the butter or olive oil and garlic and heat until you can smell the garlic.
  4. Add the wild arugula and cook until wilted.
  5. Add white beans and walnuts and heat through.
  6. Add a grind of pepper.
  7. Plate up and sprinkle with Parmesan, if desired.

This makes a hearty and satisfying serving for one.

No comments: